Thursday, January 12, 2012

Tuesday, January 10th 2012


On Tuesday I went back to the Potomac to do some panning and enjoy the unbelievable weather.  It's the middle of January and I was out panning for gold in a short sleeve shirt.  I met up with a guy named Richard who I met down at Contrary the week before and we spent about 6 hours on the creek.  Everything was going at a normal pace for a while (2 or 3 small flakes a pan).  Then around noon I hear Richard getting excited, so I waked over to him and saw this picker in his pan.


You can't tell how big it is in this picture but I would say about the size of my finger nail.  You can tell how big it was compared to the other flakes in the pan.  It turned out to be a pretty good day for me too.  Here is a picture of my take for the day.


You can tell that the gold is starting to get bigger for me.  There are 55 pieces there, including a couple nice big flakes and a couple chunky pieces.  I also found 7 more fine pieces in the bottom of my snuffer bottle after I took this picture.


Total Pieces: 97


Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment